An exploration of Branstaple’s historic Guildhall – with a 360 virtual tour – well known for its peppering of exquisite Thomas Hudson original portraits of mayors past. Many of which are noted in the tour, with clickable information points throughout which expand to reveal details of the pieces. A tour designed with many purposed in mind, the Guildhall is available for event hire, as well as hosting tours of the grade II listed building; the website helpfully boasts however, that one may tour the Guildhall at any time of day from the comfort of their own home!
With several 360° images taken all over the building, users can zoom-in to see details – paintings, and mayoral, memorial plaques.
For a building of such significance, conventional static images simply do not do it justice, a 360° virtual tour allows a sense of independence and wander.
- An excellent educational tool.
- Opening up the Guildhall to the community!
- A great way to attract holiday makers who may be interested in local history! Google data shows that most people begin their search for holiday activities online!
- If local history is more accessible, it will encourage more to actively engage with it.
- You get to keep other assets. We create a virtual tour for your business/organisation, but we will also provide you with any photographs that we may have taken for your future marketing needs
For more educational and historical virtual tours, see also Exeter Dissenters’ Graveyard for inspiration.