The Virtual Tour Experts were incredible to work with and they went above and beyond to help take our project to the next level. With innovative and leading technical expertise, we couldn't recommend them enough!
Earth Minutes - c/o The Global Seed Vault
Svalbard Global Seed Vault
Svalbard Global Seed Vault Virtual Tour
We worked with the team at Svalbard to create a truly spectacular visual experience for one of the World’s most iconic buildings.
The project scope defined it was crucial to combine the best possible image quality with a branded, seamless user experience. The photography element included some unique challenges, shooting in temperatures of -25°C and below. Careful planning and precise execution was key to ensuring all images were captured successfully.
The tour includes our unique change of state feature highlighting how the vault is accessed and what it looks like during darkness and light. This stunning design and build sets the standard for interactive 360 experiences and reflects the brand, vision and brief perfectly. The tour structure has been built so that multiple languages can be added at any point in the future.
We offer a variety of industries a multitude of options and unique fully customisable features to meet each and every requirement.
UNIQUE BUSINESS BENEFITS:
- a cutting-edge visual showpiece of the Svalbard Global Seed Vault, its facilities and location.
- attracting all past and future visitors.
- a superb interactive, fast loading and responsive tour.
- accessibility features set the standard in following WCAG 2.1 guidelines.
- content management system giving staff options to add information to scenes, create and edit hotspots, add audio and videos.
- our CMS ensures the tour can be adapted year after year without additional costs.
- unique design in keeping with their strong branding.
- fully customised and generated talking heads distributed throughout the tour.
- custom interactive map and menu styles to enable users to explore by area.
- multiple change of state features throughout the tour, enabling a rich and interactive user experience.
- fast turnaround time.
- the tour has been a huge hit with users spending an average of 7 minutes and 40 seconds engaging and exploring.
The Svalbard Global Seed Vault (Norwegian: Svalbard globale frøhvelv) is a secure backup facility for the world’s crop diversity on the Norwegian island of Spitsbergen in the remote Arctic Svalbard archipelago. The Seed Vault provides long-term storage of duplicates of seeds conserved in genebanks around the world. This provides security of the world’s food supply against the loss of seeds in genebanks due to mismanagement, accident, equipment failures, funding cuts, war, sabotage, disease and natural disasters. The Seed Vault is managed under terms spelled out in a tripartite agreement among the Norwegian Government, the Crop Trust, and the Nordic Genetic Resource Center (NordGen).
Visit the Svalbard Global Seed Vault website.