Neil and his team have been amazing to work with, very friendly, flexible and reliable. From the onset, they were extremely engaged and passionate about making the project a success - guiding us through the best way of creating the tours and using their expertise to advise us of different options to consider. When it came to capturing the images, again, they were extremely professional. They moved around our stations without causing any disruption to the day to day operations. Thanks to the Virtual Tour Company, we have been able to provide our customers with the opportunity to familiarise themselves with our stations ahead of travelling, helping to ease anxiety and build confidence in rail.
Ariane Pradel - East Midlands Rail
East Midlands Railway Stations
Railway & Transportation Virtual Tour
Following a tender process, we were chosen by the East Midlands train operating company due to our expertise in usability, custom design and accessibility.
The brief was to create an industry-first – a fully accessible virtual tour that provided users with inspiring guidance to help with trip planning.
The photography was captured during busy rush hours and our skilled team of photographers and digital editors successfully captured 1000 panoramas in 12 stations with over 40 000 raw images, with a final result of no visible people in the end product – a miracle of photography and editing! The tour has inspired the development of our new custom platform for venues and transport providers – V.A.S.T.
View these live East Midlands Railway Virtual Tours:
- Sheffield Railway Station
- Lincoln Railway Station
- Kettering Railway Station
- Derby Railway Station
- Nottingham Railway Station
- Corby Railway Station
- Wellingborough Railway Station
- Long Eaton Railway Station
- Loughborough Railway Station
- Chesterfield Railway Station
UNIQUE KEY ELEMENTS:
- a custom content management system through which clients can edit, manage and adapt all interactive elements of the tour including menus, maps, scene guides, hotspots and more.
- unique photography techniques to remove all people (even during rush hour).
- accessibility widget feature that sets the standard in following WCAG 2.1 guidelines. We provide more accessibility compliance options than any other tour.
- fully interactive, fast loading and responsive virtual tour.
- unique design in keeping with their strong branding.
- custom menu styles to enable users to explore by facilities, platforms or an interactive map.
- template created for the quick rollout of multiple tours.
- a unique and custom-built autopilot feature that generates guided tours from anywhere in the station.
- the tour has been a huge hit with users spending an average of 7 minutes engaging and exploring.
Visit the East Midlands Railway website for more information on their services and stations.